Monday 10 November 2014

Bee Day

Last Saturday our Quilters' Guild held the Annual Bee Day to jump start the Comfort Quilts Program for the 2014-15 Guild Season.  We gathered for 9:00 in the morning with machines and our Pot Luck Lunch contribution and set off to create as many quilt tops as we could.  Florals weren't very popular but I thought I might be able to stitch together a top where the floral patterns weren't too, too obvious.

These were my fabrics - a pink , yellow and cream colour pallet.  I also had some dark background floral fabric but opted not to use that.
Here's the quilt top I came up with:
rolling waves of colour on a sea of white.   I think it has a bit of a modern look to it.   If I had been really thinking about it I might have liked to have a wave of pink, wave of yellow and repeat both to create another rhythm in the top.  I might just have to try another and as I'm think of these as waves, perhaps I'll try them on a blue background.  Time to check out the stash for blue. 

Over at Humble Quilts Lori has started a new mystery quilt - Cascadia Quilt Along.  I've just finished the first clue using the scraps  from the Comfort Quilt above.  I also tossed in some of the darker background fabrics and a few HST I had lying around.  I'm waiting for clue number 2 to be posted on Wednesday.  The final quilt will be 17" x 19" so not a big investment of time and a great way to use up the little bits.

1 comment:

LA Paylor said...

I just love that rolling scrappy look. It's so original. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...