Friday 14 November 2014

RSC Blocks

I started to sew the sashing strips on the RSC blocks but haven't gotten too far.
The first four rows have sashing between the blocks but not between the rows.  I opted for an 8 x 11 setting.  I like quilts that are longer.  The extra blocks will be a good start for a pieced backing.
As the colour for November is light blue, the sashing I've selected is an icy blue with silver stars.  I think the sashing will clear most of this fabric that's been around from a few Christmases ago.  Hopefully I will have some time Saturday evening to sew more sashing and decide on a border.  What has everyone else been up to with the RSC ?

14 comments:

Marly said...

Great layout! I like your ice blue sashing.

Deb A said...

Great way to set the blocks! Your RSC is coming along nicely.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's coming along great Nellie! You have a perfect sashing fabric there. I can't wait to get in the sewing room today and get to "work"!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love the layout, looking great!

scraphappy said...

Beautiful layout. Love the icy blue sashing strips. What a great quilt this will be when it is done. Congratulations!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your quilt layout is wonderful! Happy stitching . . .

Karen said...

It is really coming together. I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Kate said...

Very pretty layout. I really like your sashing idea.

Katie Z. said...

Very pretty!

Sally Trude said...

It's so wonderful to see your quilt coming together.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your quilt is well on the way to being all sewn together! Looking lovely.

Dasha said...

Your quilt is wonderful all laid out like that Nell. When I see what you have all done, I sort of wish I had done the sampler along with the rest of you, but did not realise what was going on until half way through the second or third month, and by then I had planned all my blocks.

Jackie J said...

I like the way you laid out the bloc, great job!

LA Paylor said...

how striking! This is just working out great! love it
LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...