Wednesday 12 November 2014

Mid Week Report

I spent time yesterday going through my stash to find fabrics that I could use in  Bonnie Hunter's  Grand Illusion Winter Mystery. 
I may have to buy a little more yellow but otherwise I'm good to go.  The first clue goes up the end of November.  Woohoo!

I also got caught up with the little letters posted at Temecula Quilt Co.
I know the colours aren't great but I worked with the scraps I had out with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge so orange for September, brown for October and pale blue for November.  I broke the pattern with "T" and used some scrappy bits from the Comfort Quilt I made on Saturday.  I love the sewing notions for "Q" and the snowy covered branches for "S".  Wouldn't it have been great if I'd thought of this when I started and had fabric that told about the letters.  Next time.

Lori at Humble Quilts posted Clue number 2 for the Cascadia Quiltalong Mystery.
Lots of little 1.5" squares sewn together in various ways but I'm not sure where this will lead.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...