Friday 19 February 2016

Chocolate delights

Last week I tried a few variations with the brown and pink but I just didn't like the way it played so after much arranging and rearranging on the design wall, I ended up with the very first arrangement I tired.  Sometimes it just doesn't pay to change things up.  So here are my first two columns for the RSC quilt this year.
The columns are pretty long and the last block in each is cut off but you can see how I finally decided to arrange the brown and pink.

These cute little bags got finished this week too.
The brown and pink one is a perfect size for toting my rotary cutter, pins, seam ripper, marking tools, and scissors to workshops.  The blue one matches this cute little pad with pockets also perfect for taking along to workshops.  Several of the guild members have these pads that keep tools handy and save time looking for scissors on the workshop tables.  I always wanted to make one and, well, the time was just right this week.
I made the pad for my Elna.  It's a bit large for the Singer but I didn't want to take the Elna out of the desk.  The sewing notions fabrics that I picked up years ago were perfect.

My final project this week involved taking apart a canvas bag and doing some curved piecing using the bag as a foundation and then sewing it back together. 



 Every woman needs a little animal in her life.  Here's mine.  A great size when books and magazines have to be returned to the library or to take along to the store and avoid paying for bags.
Stop by SoScrappy and check out the other brown and pink quilty goodies.

17 comments:

Anne said...

The RSC blocks are looking great. The brown column almost looks like a zipper in your picture :)

Cathy said...

You've been busy! What a fun and wild animal skin tote.

scraphappy said...

Productive week. Those little zipper bags are so handy to have around.

Mari said...

I love your bag! Your column quilt is looking good too.

Kate said...

Your sampler quilt is looking great. The bags and the stitching accessories are fun too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great tote bag, little bags, and sewing machine mat ... good use of your time!!

Peggyinno said...

Busy, busy girl!! I love it all, but especially the animal print bag!! Really great projects!

PaulaB quilts said...

Great to see how the blocks look in columns. The brown arrangement works perfectly. Your bags are so useful and the pad is really nice for keeping tools handy, rather than having to reach for them and not find them.

gayle said...

You got a lot of things done! (And all beautiful, too!)
That tote bag is wild and wonderful - such fun!

Ivani said...

You sure did a lot this week and your tote bag is adorable. Let's go shopping. Happy weekend!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've been busy, and it's fun to see all of your finishes! I've been wanting to make a pad for my sewing machine like yours. Did you use a pattern, or just make it up?

Dasha said...

Lots of good projects made up this week. Love you sewing pad. Its something that has been on my "to do" list for yonks.

Marly said...

Lovely projects, and well done on your RSC sampler blocks. I love your curved bag; I'm still planning to make one too!

Ellen said...

You have been busy and you have so many great projects finished to show for it!

Jennie in GA said...

Nice projects. You have really been busy. Especially love your stitching accessories.

Kaja said...

I like to see the blocks in columns like that - I seldom think to work vertically but yours look great.

Turid said...

Great RSC blocks. I'm just starting to like brown fabrics.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...