Saturday 13 February 2016

Sweet February

Wonder why whenever I sit to work on my brown and pink blocks this month I have a craving for chocolate or strawberries or raspberries.  Could it be the colour of the month?  Could it be the start of the Lenten season?  Possibly a bit of both.  Last week I thought of reversing the brown and pink to see how that would look in the columns quilt.


 

 Here's how the column would look if the pink was the 2.5 inch squares and the (chocolate) brown was the strip.  You get a meandering brown strip running down the column.












And here's what you get if you alternate the brown square and pink square blocks.  I think I prefer the pink centres and the meandering
  brown chain.  Back to the sewing machine to finish the blocks for the column now that I know what to do.  Hopping over to SoScrappy to check out all the scrumptious brown offerings this week.




 

9 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

I think the 2nd example is a great idea. whatever we choose, it's always fun.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Either way you assemble your column, it will be chocolaty perfection!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I liked the first layout the best, too! The meandering brown path is fun!

Ivani said...

Both layouts look good!

PaulaB quilts said...

I vote for the second, but they are both mouth watering. Thanks for taking the trouble to find out.

scraphappy said...

Interesting secondary design when you mix up the colors. Always so much fun to play with the design of a block.

Peggyinno said...

I like both! Great experiment!

Cathy said...

How interesting. I'm not sure I'd be able to pick one over the other!

Jennie in GA said...

Like your progress!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...