Saturday 3 June 2017

Bring on the Sun

Well, it seemed like Angela's post about June being yellow brought on the the sunshine for us.  After days of cloud covered skies with many thunderstorms and torrential rains, the June is Yellow post cleared the clouds and it's been glorious.  There's something about sunshine that makes you want to get outside and get moving.  I've spread the mulch and even got some yellow work done inside.

The yellow and green (May's colour) for my EPP tumbling blocks are all prepped and ready to sew.  And .... I even managed to piece the cracker blocks in yellow.


Every shade from lemon to butterscotch in this lot.

For those who are wondering, my sister saw the orthopedic surgeon on Friday.  He suspects there were hairline fractures in her knees and possibly on her shins but after 7 weeks they are healing and she should just keep up with the physio and that was it.  My sister is so frustrated with everything.  It seems if  there is an evident break it is easy to diagnose and handle but if it isn't, good luck.  The good news is she was up on crutches and walked into her appointment on Friday - she was slow but made it into the office.  At this point I was so happy not to have to lug the wheelchair in and out of the car for her.  Who knows she may be driving again soon and then what will  I do when she has appointments?  Ah, I know, more sewing time.  What have you done this past week?  Checking in with so scrappy to see.

13 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Those cracker jack blocks look great. I think we were all ready for some bright days and yellow did the trick!

Edith said...

These blocks are gorgeous. Sure hope your sister takes it easy and mends well.

Kathy S. said...

Your yellows are gorgeous. Can't wait to see the tumbling blocks.

Cathy said...

That is good news about your sister (and for you, too, I suspect). I wondered if it might be hairline fractures - one hears of these things now and then. At any rate, yellow and sunshine is the perfect color expression of happiness, turning corners and stepping (pun intended) into the light. As always, I love (and plan to copy) those crackers!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great cracker blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad to hear there's good news for your sister! Hopefully, each day will bring a little more healing and strength for her. It is definitely enjoyable to be sewing with yellow, and your cracker blocks are great in all their different shades!

PaulaB quilts said...

The crackers blocks look good shading into one another. So glad your sister is healing. Unfortunately some things cannot be fixed even by,modern medicine but take what they call "the tincture of time".

Ariane said...

Your yellow blocks look great!! I'm very glad for the sunshine too! I need some of that vitamin D.

scraphappy said...

Great range in your yellows. Hoping for a quick recovery.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the sunny YELLOW blocks and a bit of good news regarding your sister's recovery! Best wishes for further healing. Especially since it means more sewing time for you!!

Cathy said...

I love the variety of yellows in the Crackers.
I can sympathize with your sister. My husband is frustrated with his physicians.

Magpie Sue said...

So happy to learn your sister is improving and that there is hope for complete healing in the future. She just needs a healthy dose of patience! I find sunshine (and yellow) very invigorating too. Finally got the mulch spread on my recently created flower bed too. ;-)

Kate said...

Very pretty cracker blocks. Hope you sister continues to heal, it's always seems so slow when your body has a lot of healing to do.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...