Saturday 31 May 2014

Last Saturday for Green

Not much time for sewing this week - as a matter of fact I stitched up all the blocks  for my post this morning!  Whew!  I saw them all as Angela posted them but after spending time in the garden, visiting and shopping I was usually too tuckered out to do much sewing.  But I'm caught up sort of... 
 
Here are the first three posted last week - Nelson's Victory, Boxed Pinwheel and Cactus Flower.  I made cactus flower in greens - just love that little guy from Charlie Brown as the focal point for the block.  (I know Angela said this one was a left undone purple but I made it up in green.  Purple to come.)
 
 
Here are the next four - Carrie Nation, Broken dishes as a star, Friendship Scrap block, and Calico Puzzle.  I guess I've still got gardening on  my mind.  Just look at some of the fabrics I selected this morning.
 
I must have read the instructions incorrectly or copied the sizes down wrong but my Framed 4 Patch ended up at 8 inches and I just merrily went along not even thinking about it until it was done.  I'm not sure if I will just cut it down or leave it as a bonus block to use in a backing or something.  I know I have to make this one over in our new colour, yellow, so I think I'll just call this green one practice.

Check out RSC to see how everyone else is doing with their final green week.  Can't wait for June - yellow sunshine - yeah!!!


 


9 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You did well with your limited time. Great green sampler blocks. I am looking forward to yellow too

Katie Z. said...

Looking good!

Kathy S. said...

I love that cactus flower block! ADORABLE!

Cathy said...

Your blocks made me smile!

scraphappy said...

So many great blocks this month. So sorry the last one ended up too big. I'll double check the directions. It wouldn't be the first time I've had a typo.

Karen said...

Very pretty green blocks. I love the Charlie Brown fabric.

Gina said...

Love your blocks. I can't wait to get started on yellow either. Such a bright happy colour xx

Sheila said...

Love your blocks. Looking forward to working with yellow scraps : )

Cathy Tomm said...

Love all the green blocks. Love the dots fabric for background to go with your coloured scraps

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...