Sunday 1 June 2014

First Sunday of June

What a glorious day today.  Not too hot, 26 C - that's about 82 F.  A perfect day to sit out on the deck and do some hand stitching.

I'm putting the binding on the seven shirts quilt so it will be ready to gift to a friend.  I had made a quilt for  his birthday last year.  He was to take it on the road with  him but when he saw it, he decided it was too nice for the truck and he'd use it at home.  Hopefully this one will be deemed appropriate for the truck. 
 
That's it for slow Sunday stitching.  Visit Kathy and see some other great handwork.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks fantastic Nellie! Love that photo of you hand stitching! :)

Deb A said...

So pretty! Sounds like a perfect day spent outside stitching.

Teresa in Music City said...

What a wonderful quilt Nell! I am working on one in shirts too, but mine still has a long way to go :*) Is your friend a truck driver? My daughter has been driving a truck for the past couple of years.

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilt. A seven shirts quilt is on my bucket list.

scraphappy said...

Beautiful quilt. Enjoy your binding stitching. Sounds like the perfect reason to sit outside and enjoy the weather!

Wendy said...

what a fabulous masculine quilt! I've been saving my husband's old shirts, maybe I should make a quilt out of them

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...