Saturday 7 June 2014

Hurray for sunshine! Hurray for YELLOW!

It's June and yellow scraps all month long.  I've been pining for yellow or orange but was I surprised when I pulled out the scraps.  I have more of the buttery yellows than the sunshine yellow but I'll just have to make do.  Hopefully some of the really itty bitty bits in the middle will allow me to pop some of the yellow blocks Angela's got planned for this month.
Some of these are so pale they look almost white.  I guess they'll be good background in a block.
 
I made the two blocks Angela posted in RSC - the framed four patch
 
and Lover's Knot


And I made my boxy star block
Just look at those florals.  Don't they look like I've had them in my stash for a while?

That's it for the first week in June.  Here's looking forward to more sunshiny yellow days ahead.

 
 


15 comments:

scraphappy said...

That yellow pinwheel fabric in the Lover's Knot block, is just so cute! Looks like you have plenty of yellow to play with this month.

Quiltdivajulie said...

May your yellows surprise you as you stitch! I don't have nearly as many as I anticipated, either!

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! That's the great thing about scrappy blocks, you can mix up the older stuff with the new.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like your collection of yellows!! They will be great!

Kate said...

Lovely yellows! Especially, I spy my very favorite fabric collection in the framed four patch! Yay for yellow!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love that boxy star! yum!

Karen said...

Very pretty bright yellow blocks.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think you have some lovely blocks with your mix of yellows.

Terri said...

Nice yellow blocks! Love the florals.
Hugs

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great yellow blocks. That boxy star will make a great looking scrap quilt! If only there were more time!

Deb A said...

Love the boxy star - great choice for a scrappy block. Love the fabrics in the lovers knot - very cute.

Sheila said...

A wonderful collection of yellow prints. So many possibilities.

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

Great blocks xx

Unknown said...

Such nice yellow blocks!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...