Sunday 8 June 2014

Stitch, Stitch, Splash

It's a grey day today! 

The clouds rolled in just after noon.
The rain started shortly after - about 1:00.

Hard to believe that last week I sat at this very table and sewed in the beautiful sunshine ..... but I was forced to stay indoors today. 
I have two quilts, that a good friend long arm quilted for me,  waiting for the binding.  I was hoping to sit right here and get them started this afternoon but I'm in the quilt studio instead.

This binding will get done this afternoon and I may get a good start on the second this evening.   I'm hoping to have more fun slow stitching to work on once all these other projects get finished up and gifted.

Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching.  What's everyone else up to today? Are you having a grey day too?

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

The miserable weather is perfect for naps and stitching! Thanks for linking up!

Teresa in Music City said...

It's been rainy and overcast all weekend here in Nashville. But I've been inside working on my studio makeover so it hasn't mattered for me. Looks like you will have plenty of hand stitching to keep you busy for a while :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Sorry to hear the rain kept you inside, but without the rain the outdoors would not be as beautiful as it is. I hope you got your bindings stitched down, one of my favorite parts of making a quilt.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...